- PhD in Civil Engineering – Kansas State University – 2014
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering – Kansas State University – 2011
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering – Kansas State University – 2009
Professional background / participation in funded projects:
- SAFER – Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship – Horizon 2020 GA 748600 – safer.cut.ac.cy
- Eratosthenes Research Centre for Earth Surveillance and Space-Based Monitoring of the Environment (EXCELSIOR) – EU funded (Horizon 2020)
- Anagennisis – Innovative Reuse of All Tyre Components in Concrete – EU funded (FP7)
- Determination of Acceptance Criteria for Prestressing Strand in Pretensioned Applications – funded by the Prestressed Concrete Institute (PCI), U.S.A. (2011-2014)
- Accelerated Corrosion Blind Sports Inherent to Photovoltaic Systems’ Operation and Undetected DCFaults – Trojan horse for Deteriorating the Integrity of Critical Infrastructures and Buildings (PVrosion) – funded by the Cyprus Research Promotion Foundation (RPF)
- Teaching: CIV 221 – Construction Materials, CIV 227 – Road Design and Construction, CIV 451 – Building Construction I, CIV 453 – Building Construction II, CIV 325 – Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures II
Research interests: Prestressed concrete structures, concrete engineering, experimental evaluation of materials, quality control testing, evaluation of bond between concrete and various reinforcements, construction sustainability and circular economy.
- “Effects of Pre-treatment using Waste Quarry Dust on the Adherence of Recycled Tyre Rubber Particles to Cementitious Paste in Rubberised Concrete” Thomaida Polydorou, Georgios Constantinides, Kyriacos Neocleous, Nicholas Kyriakides, Loukas Koutsokeras, Christis Chrysostomou, Diofantos Hadjimitsis Construction and Building Materials (2020) 254, 119325
- “Determination of Acceptance Criteria for Prestressing Strand in Pre-tensioned Applications” Thomaida Polydorou (2014). PhD dissertation, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS.
- “Establishment of Minimum Acceptance Criterion for Strand Bond as Measured by ASTM A1081” KA Riding, RJ Peterman, T Polydorou Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute (PCI) Journal (2016) 61(3) 86-103
- “Interlaboratory Study of the Standard Test Method for Evaluating Bond of Seven-Wire Steel Prestressing Strand” T Polydorou, KA Riding, RJ Peterman Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute (PCI) Journal (2016) 61(4) 53-64