Education: Dr. Vasiliki Lysandrou received her PhD in Mediterranean Archaeology from the University of Cyprus in 2014. She holds a three-year Diploma di Specializzazione in Restoration of Monuments from the Architectural School Valle Giulia of the University of Rome La Sapienza, a Diploma di Lingua e Cultura Italiana di Livello Superiore from Scuola Leonardo Da Vinci Roma, and a Bachelor in Archaeology from the Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki.
Research interests: Her research interests include ancient architecture; the study, survey, and analysis of standing archaeological remains and monuments; aerial archaeology; remote sensing techniques (satellite, middle range and terrestrial) intended for archaeological research.
- Lysandrou, V., and Agapiou, A., (2020). The role of archival aerial photography in shaping our understanding of the funerary landscape of Hellenistic and Roman Cyprus. Open Archaeology, vol. 6, 417-433.
- Agapiou, A., Lysandrou, V., Hadjimitsis, D., G., (2020). Earth Observation Contribution to Cultural Heritage Disaster Risk Management: Case Study of Eastern Mediterranean Open-Air Archaeological Monuments and Sites. Remote Sensing, 12 (8), 1330-1342.
- Lysandrou, V., Agapiou, A., Michaelides, D., Papasavvas, G., (2018). The Eastern necropolis of Nea Paphos: overcoming challenges in a lost landscape. Journal of Archaeological Science: Reports, vol. 19, 552-561.
- Lysandrou, V., Agapiou, A., Ioannides, M., Kantiranis, N., Charalambous, E., Hadjimitsis, D., (2018). Integrated Investigation of Built Heritage Monuments: The Case Study of Paphos Harbour Castle, Cyprus. Heritage, vol. 1, 1-14.
- Lysandrou, V., Cerra, D., Agapiou, A., Charalambous, E., Hadjimitsis, D., G., (2017). Towards a spectral library of Roman to Early Christian Cypriot floor mosaics. Journal of Archaeological Science: Reports, vol. 14, 782-791.
- Lysandrou, V., Agapiou, A., (2015). Cities of the dead: approaching the lost landscape of Hellenistic and Roman necropoleis of Cyprus. Archaeological and Anthropological Sciences, vol. 8, 867-877.